The Doylestown Dog Park is a facility for registered members and dogs only, requiring a valid key fob to enter. Admitting non-members is strictly prohibited. Members may bring human guests of appropriate age however, only registered dogs are allowed in the park.
Introduction and Definition
These Rules and Regulations have been put in place for the safety of dog park members and their dogs. To ensure safe and enjoyable times for all, members are expected to adhere to all Doylestown Dog Park Rules and Regulations as well as Doylestown Township Park System Rules and Regulations (Chapter 119 Parks and Recreation Areas – Ordinance 266) at all times.
- The dog park is an amenity located within Turk Park. Dogs are to be on leash at all times when outside the fenced area of dog park. Failure to comply is subject to a fine up to $300.
The Doylestown Dog Park consists of:
- The on-leash entry Pavilion
- The off-leash Large Dog Area, which must be used (only) by dogs above 30 lbs.
- The off-leash Small Dog Area, which must be used (only) by dogs 30 lbs. or less
Parking and Access:
- Parking is located at Turk Park in the lot adjacent to Almshouse Road.
- King Park, a Warrington Township public park is located adjacent to Turk Park. Doylestown Township does not authorize nor assume permission for member parking at this location. Members parking in this location are subject compliance with Warrington Township Park System rules and guidelines.
- NO vehicles access or parking is permitted at the dog actual park location
- The dirt Township service road is for Township Maintenance and/or staff only
- Handicap Parking – ONLY members with handicap license plate or current dash placard (displayed) may park in the spaces designated adjacent to the Dog park Structure.
- Handicap Dog – Only members with legitimately handicap dogs as evidenced in writing by a veterinarian may receive limited consideration.
- There are no exceptions without advance Township authorization – limited to extraordinary circumstances (pending receipt of a HC placard, etc.). In all cases written medical verification is required.
*** Disregard will result in suspension and/or forfeiture of membership without refund.
Key Fob Entry:
- Member access is by key fob.
- Key fobs are non-transferable and may be used only by members to whom they are issued.
- Providing access to others is prohibited.
- Key fobs remain the property of Doylestown Township Parks and Recreation and may be recalled or deactivated (at any time). (Are these 3 words needed?)
- A key fob lost or not operating properly must be reported to the Doylestown Township office at 425 Wells Road, 215-348-9915 during business hours.
A Dog Park Member in good standing is defined as:
- an adult 18 years or older
- with a Doylestown Dog Park registered dog or dogs
- having attended a Doylestown Dog Park Orientation
- completed and signed Doylestown Dog Park membership forms
- is current with Doylestown Dog Park fees
- in possession of an activated Doylestown Dog Park key fob.
A Registered Dog is defined as:
- 6 months or older
- if male, neutered or if female, not in season
- Doylestown Township Parks and Recreation Department has received
- verification, in writing, of a current county dog license
- record of current required vaccinations (Rabies, DHPP/DHLPP, Bordetella)
A Dog Park Guest is defined as:
- an individual 14 years or older
- accompanied by a member, who accepts full and complete responsibility for the actions of the guest
- No more than 2 guests are permitted per member.
- Guest dogs are not permitted.
- No one under 14 years of age is permitted past the main entry gate.
Dogs must be well behaved at all times. Prohibited dogs include:
- Dogs who have received a Pennsylvania Dog Law citation for aggressive behavior
- Dogs that are overly aggressive/domineering/bullying dogs, overly submissive dogs or non-socialized dogs
- Dogs with a communicable disease are prohibited until cleared by a veterinarian.