Following power outages from storm activity in the first half of 2014, PECO held an open house forum on September 29th, 2014 at Central Bucks West High School to discuss plans for the area.
PECO conducted a thorough review and analysis, and identified about $10 million in projects in the Doylestown area that will enhance reliability. PECO plans to complete these projects during the 2nd half of 2014 and into early 2015. This work will include:
- Enhanced tree trimming and vegetation removal along 43 miles of aerial lines
- 17,700 feet of new aerial wire, including 8,300 feet of tree resistant wire
- A new substation transformer and improvements to an existing adjacent transformer
- Advanced equipment and upgrades to devices to reduce the number of customers affected when outages occur
- 24 pieces of equipment to help isolate issues
The presentation slides can be found here.
For more information, or to report any problems with electricity or natural gas, please contact PECO via their website or by calling 1-800-841-4141.